Answered By: Jodie Hannis Last Updated: Aug 12, 2014 Views: 67
You can make one copy of what is considered a 'fair' amount of an item for your own personal study.
Copying is restricted to whichever is the greater of:
- Up to 5% or one chapter of a book
- Up to 5% or one article from a single issue of a journal
- Up to 5% or one paper of one set of conference proceedings
- Up to 5% of an anthology or one short story or one poem of not more than 10 pages
- up to 5% or one case of one report of judicial proceedings
This applies if you are using a photocopier, scanner or any other device.
You must not copy material for anyone else, it has to be for your own personal use.
Infringement of copyright by University of Leicester staff and students is taken seriously and further action will be taken.