Answered By: Hannah Congrave
Last Updated: Jan 14, 2021     Views: 97

The Library is open for study and access to the print book stock for those students in the first tranche of programmes that the government is allowing in-person teaching to take place (the exempted courses). These are:

o   Medicine and dentistry

o   Subjects allied to medicine and health

o   Initial teacher training

o   Social work

o   Specific programmes with Professional, Statutory and Regulatory body requirements that require them to undertake teaching/assessments in January –

You will have been notified by our University if you fall into the above category and were required to return to University in January as part of your studies. The Minister of State for Universities, Michelle Donelan sent a letter to students on 31 December about this.


The Department for Education sets out its expectations about students returning to campus in its latest documentation which you can find here.


And we are also open for study for vulnerable students. These include

·         Students with no IT or internet access and without access to study space

·         Students referred by services such as AccessAbility


If you meet any of the above criteria you may access the David Wilson Library but it should be for essential purposes only and in the interests of everyone’s health and safety please try to minimise the amount of time you spend in the Library as much as possible.


We do not require you to provide any additional evidence or paperwork on entry, but you do need to swipe in using your University ID card.

Related Topics

Learn how to...

Submit a Question

Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.
Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.