Answered By: Jessica Moore Last Updated: Jul 27, 2023 Views: 10
If your Student ID card isn't working and/or registering your attendance when you scan it at a reader you will need to speak to the appropriate team so they can resolve this for you, please see our guide below:
- If you have recently been issued a new ID card it can take up to 48 hours to start working everywhere
- Make sure that you've activated your card before you start using it to register your attendance. You can do this by holding it against any reader for about ten to twenty seconds until the reader shows green.
- It is important to refresh your card regularly by scanning it at one of the readers. You can do this by scanning your card against any reader for about ten seconds until the reader shows green. If you do not refresh your card within 30 days your access will stop working until you refresh the card.
- If you require access to a building/room and your card isn't allowing access, please visit one of the Estates and Campus Services points detailed below. They will be able to review your access rights.
- Reader flashes RED - please visit one of the Estates and Campus Services points detailed below.
- Reader flashes BLUE then turns RED - please visit one of the Estates and Campus Services points detailed below.
- Card does not flash on reader at all - please visit us at the Information Hub in the David Wilson Library (ground floor) to get a replacement card
Estates and Campus Services points and opening times:
• Charles Wilson Building Foyer: 10am-2pm
• ECS Support Office: 9am-3.30pm
• George Davies Centre Reception: 8am-8pm
• Maurice Shock Building Reception: 8am-6pm
• Robert Kilpatrick Building Reception: 8am-6pm
• Brookfield House Reception: 9am-5pm
• Fielding Johnson Reception 8am-6pm
If you don't have your card with you or if there has been a problem with your access, please tell your School immediately after the teaching event to let them know that you attended. Information about how to contact your School can be found here - https://le.ac.uk/a-z/departments.