Answered By: Jessica Moore
Last Updated: Jul 27, 2023     Views: 3

If you are a current, registered student you can obtain a Certificate of Registration, which confirms your status as a student for the current academic year. 

This letter can be used for several purposes, such as:

  • Requesting Council Tax Exemption
  • Proof of Address
  • Proof of Student Status
  • Registering with a local GP

You should be able to download this letter from the 'My Uni Documents' section of MyStudentRecord.

If you have any difficulties downloading the letter, campus-based students should contact and distance learning students should contact

If you have completed your studies, you will no longer be able to obtain a Certificate of Registration. Instead we can provide an award letter once you have been awarded, which would confirm your study dates and details but does not include address details. To request this letter, please e-mail

More information on the letters available to our students can be found here:

Related Topics