Answered By: Jodie Hannis Last Updated: Feb 05, 2016 Views: 106
If the book you require is marked as 'on shelf' on the catalogue but you cannot find it on the shelves, speak to a member of Library staff who will help you look for it.
However, it is always worth bearing in mind the following:
- Are you sure that you have the correct details, such as Shelf Mark or location?
- Check back a little later, someone might be using the book in the Library
- If an item is already listed on the catalogue as 'missing' then see the book I want is listed as Missing
As well as material classified within the Dewey Decimal System, you will come across other sequences within the Library, they may have one of the following prefixes:
- AA-AY : Transport History - Yellow Zone, Floor 3
- D : Economic History - Yellow Zone, Floor 3
- F FF : Oversize books - Yellow Zones, Floors 1 2 3
- M.A : Maths Association Books - Blue Zone, Floor 1 - separate sequence located at the end of Dewey Shelf Mark 519. Dewey Shelf Marks 520 - 599 are located in the Yellow Zone, Floor 2
- PER : Print Journals - Basement - please note that Law Journals (PER 340) are located Blue Zone, Floor 2
- R1 - RQT : Education Resources - Yellow Zone, Floor 1
Our website also has lots of information to help you find things in the University Library.